It’s easy, fast, affordable and non-invasive – no blood sample needed.
Pet eating, drinking and contact with other pets/animals should be minimized prior to sampling.
No eating or drinking at least 1 hour prior to testing is recommended.
Please follow these directions carefully.
Step 1: Order a test
- Order directly from our Quick Order page or search for breed specific tests using our Breed Search option.
- When your test kit arrives it will contain swab(s), sample ID sticker(s), and a prepaid return envelope for domestic orders. Please note international orders will require return postage and do not include a prepaid return envelope.
Step 2: Register your pet’s information online
- When you are ready to collect your sample(s), log into your online customer account
- Click on the Samples icon, choose your available sample, click Register and complete the required information.
- After entering information for all the pets to be tested, you can view or print a sample worksheet to assist with the next step.
Step 3: Swab your pet
Sample Collection Instructions
- Remove swab from wrapper and set wrapper aside for later.
- Collect the sample by rolling the sponge end of the swab firmly on the inside of the pet’s cheek, approximately 10 times on each side of the inside of the mouth.
- Make certain to move the sponge swab over the entire inside of the cheek.
- Air dry the swab for 20 minutes at room temperature in a location where it will not come into contact with other pets.
- Do not place the swab in the refrigerator.
- Sample should remain at room temperature at all times prior to mailing.
- After drying, place the swab in the original wrapper and seal the wrapper with the enclosed ID sticker.
- For customers returning multiple samples in a shipment:
It is very important that the sample ID sticker number used to seal the wrapper matches the sample number associated with your pet’s information that you provided in your online account and as summarized on your sample worksheet.
Step 4: Submit your test
- Place the sealed swab in the pre-addressed postage-paid envelope and place in the mail within 48 hours for return to GenSol Diagnostics.
- A single prepaid postage return envelope is included with each domestic order. Please note international orders and multiple return shipments will require return postage and do not include a prepaid return envelope. Please return to: GenSol Diagnostics, 125 North Main Street Unit 1846, Clayton, GA 30525 USA
Step 5: Receiving Your Results
- Your results will typically be uploaded and available in your online customer account within 24-48 hours of receiving your collection samples at the laboratory.
- Any failure to follow these instructions could result in test processing delays.
- If swabs other than those provided by GenSol are returned for testing, they will NOT be processed.
- To replace lost or damaged swabs please contact our office directly at 844-369-3686 when calling from within the United States or 706-782-1327 when calling from outside the United States.
Benefits of Using Our Online Account
- See all your available samples
- Easy registration of samples
- Easy transfer of samples to colleagues
- Results are uploaded immediately upon completion in the laboratory
- Easy access to all your results